The rigmarole of moving from place to another can be an overwhelming experience. There are endless things to look for, and most importantly, you would want to ensure that your goods reach the new destination in the best condition. It is possible to manage some of the packing work with the help of family members and friends, but for the actual move, you need to find one of the better removalists. In this post, we bring a list of questions you must ask while hiring an interstate mover.
- How long have you been in business? The experience of a company in the industry is something you cannot ignore. Check the number of years they have been in business, and they should have experience of working in all areas of the state, including the one where you are shifting.
- Are you insured? This is one question that requires more attention than others. Moving between destinations always comes with a few risks, and you want to be sure that the losses, if any along the transit, would be compensated for. Check if the company has insurance, and whether the people working for them are insured and are on the payroll of the service.
- Will you offer a free quote? Gone are times when movers would offer a fixed quote for most similar jobs. Expect a person from their company to come over and check your belongings, and based on the overall work, they will offer a no-obligation quote. The price should outline all the costs and inclusions.
- Do you offer references? A company that has been in business for more than five years will offer references on request. Call up a few clients and ask them about their experience. Another good way to review a service is to check reviews online.
- Do you handle pet removal? If you have a pet, you would want to ensure that the mover can take care of the same. This is one job that requires more empathy and attention, and not all removalists do the same.
- Can you offer storage? It may take a while before you find the right place and settle down, so ideally, it is a good choice to select a company that can offer storage. The cost is usually dependent on many factors, but get an estimate if you require such services.
- Can you pack my stuff? A lot of homeowners prefer hiring interstate movers for the packing work, as well. This doesn’t have to cost a bomb and comes in handy when you don’t want to spend your time handling tasks that can be easily outsourced.
Check all these details and select a company that makes the move a simple and smooth one. You may also want to double view the terms and conditions of their contract. It goes without saying that price isn’t the only thing that matters while selecting a mover, so do your homework, and if possible, talk to a few friends and neighbours to get references.
Author Bio – Nathan McLeanis the owner and operator of Reliable Sydney Removalists, one of the top moving companies in Sydney, providing removals services locally and interstate.