Collagen is a structural protein present in bones, muscles, skins and tendons of a human body and it holds the complete body together. Collagen is used for medical and cosmetic purposes, to heal and repair of the body tissue. Collagen is most commonly found in the skin, bones and connective tissues within the body. It provides structural support, strength and elasticity to our body tissues. There are many benefits of collagen, few of them are mentioned below:
- Skin and hair: Collagen production decreases in our body, as we age. Increasing collagen level can help your skin look firmer, increase its smoothness, and helps your skin cell to renew and repair.
- Joints: When collagen level decreases in your body, the tendons and ligaments start moving with less ease leading to swollen joints, stiffness and more. Taking collagen will help your joints to move easily and reduce the pain. It is also effective in treatment of joint disorders.
- Boosts metabolism: Collagen boosts your metabolism and helps pump sugar into your body tissues to increase the rate of body energy levels.
- Strengthen Nails and Teeth: Collagen protein also helps in building and strengthening of your fingernails and teeth.
- Reduces stress marks: Due to decreased collagen levels, skin loses its elasticity and stress marks start to appear on your face. Improve your skin elasticity through collagen and reduce the dimpling on your skin.
Collagen supplements and powder: Collagen Supplements offer many benefits including, reduced wrinkles, reversing age of skin, tightening of skin, plumps up skin, improves skin elasticity. Collagen is a type of protein that can be ingested in the form of supplements or pills or collagen powder drinks. It breaks into individual amino acids which recombines with cells according to their needs. Collagen is also available in lotion or cream form so you can apply it on your face and it gets absorbed. Eating the right food and other sources of antioxidants from fruit and vegetables is very important for collagen production.
Hydrolyzed collagen is a form of collagen found in the bones, skins and connective tissues of animals. It provides amino acids like glycine, proline and lysine that are required by human body to build its connective tissues to regulate cell growth. It is a specific type of collagen that is designed in a way to quickly absorb in your skin to provide maximum result in less time. It is recommended to consult with the doctor before using it.